There are heaps of experiences that can create fear, anxiety, and worry about birth. Reality T.V. (and regular T.V.!), scary birth stories, trauma, past birth experiences, relationship issues, books, the list goes on. It’s totally normal to have fear about childbirth. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
What I know for sure is that fear hinders the birth process, it tenses the muscles, intensifies the perception of pain, and messes up the uber-powerful birthing hormones.
KNOW YOU WANT IT? The BFL Digital Program is being released on June 15th, 2012. Just send me a note and I’ll make sure to let you know the instant it’s available.
why love and fear?Here’s what I think. There are two ways to give birth, one is from fear (causing worry, anxiety, stress, depression) and one is from love (causing peace, confidence, contentment, excitement, and strength). I’m pretty sure the latter will make the birth experience a whole lot better. And that’s what I want for you. You deserve it. Every woman does.
Pregnancy and birth represent one of the most powerful times in a woman’s life. Becoming a mother (or becoming a mother again) has a profound impact on a woman, and that process is never a neutral event. It’s often the best or the worst day (or simultaneously both!) of a woman’s life.
Because of the powerful nature of birth, pregnancy is often surrounded by fears ::
- fear of the unknown
- fear of the pain
- fear of the possible complications
- fear of unwanted interventions
- fear of not being supported
- fear of not doing it right
- fear of pooping in front of strangers
- …the list goes on and on
The problem with fear is that, regardless of what the fear is about, it has a profound impact on your body, your mind, your baby, and the birth process.
why should I overcome fear?Research indicates that by releasing the fears that surround childbirth you can ::
- Decrease the feeling of pain
- Decrease time in labor
- Decrease risk of unwanted interventions
- Increase the safety of mom and baby
is this right for me?This online program will be most useful to you if ::
- You want to become pregnant but have significant fears about giving birth
- You’re already pregnant and are fearful or anxious about your upcoming birth
- You’ve given birth before and had an experience that created fears about birthing again
- You want your birth experience to be peaceful, powerful, and rewarding
- You want to gain confidence in your ability to birth and deepen trust in yourself
- This is your first pregnancy, and you want guidance in facing the unknown
- You’ve had a child and want a better birthing experience this time around
- You have a scheduled intervention and you’re upset about it
- Have the best birth experience possible.
- Prepare for it in a way that feels good to you.
- Have instant access to materials that can help you prepare
- Prepare your mind to support your body during your birth process
- Have tools you can use to prepare for labor, birth, and motherhood
There are five steps to psychologically move from fear into love ::
- Understand the Mind
- Understand the Social Birth Culture
- Understand your Personal Birth Culture
- Understand and Release Fears
- Understand and Increase Love
Once you buy the Birthing From Love Digital Program you will get it in your inbox immediately. Yes. You can start the process right away.
You can work through the steps alone or with your friends or you can check out our thriving online community. You’ll have instant access to the audios, videos, and interactive pdfs It’s a multimedia phenomenon.
how is this different from every other birthing education class?There are countless wonderful birthing education classes out there. They demonstrate different birthing positions. They talk about the physiology of birth. Chances are pretty good you’ll leave feeling knowledgeable about birth. That’s a very good thing.
But, there’s something that’s missing :: psychology of birth.
I have studied and researched the psychology of childbirth and the psychology of fear in order to help women mentally and emotionally prepare for childbirth.
I know that you know that the mind has a very powerful effect on the body. Not only does it have an effect on us as mothers, but it also has an effect on how our babies develop mentally and physically.
When I was pregnant, I found tons of information to help me physically prepare for birth, but I couldn’t find a single thing to help me psychologically prepare for birth. Birthing from Love was designed to fill that gap, empowering women to transform their birth. Birthing From Love is all about mastering the psychology of birth so your mind can support your body in having the best birth possible.
as we transform birth, we transform the world
the new world of birthThe birthing world is changing, and there seems to be a split.
Some women are seeing the power and peace that comes from giving birth from a place of love.
On the other hand more women are terrified of the birth process.
Let me be clear: I am 100% supportive of a woman choosing to give birth in the way that is right for her. My concern is that too many women are experiencing birth as a traumatic and fearful event when it doesn’t have to be that way.
Birth can be a powerful and positive experience. In my opinion, the number one thing that is getting in the way of that is fear.
wisdom. empowerment. freedom.I’ve worked with thousands of women, helping them overcome fear, doubt, insecurity, anxiety, depression, and worry. I feel strongly that transformation works best when it comes from a place of wisdom, empowerment, and freedom.
I know you have the knowledge within you to have this kind of birth experience, you just might need a little support to access it.
what it isn’t.This is not, What To Expect When You’re Expecting. You will not get a week-by-week of what’s happening to your baby or your body. It’s not going to help you find the most comfortable position to birth your baby in.
It is all about the psychology of birth. Thoughts. Emotions. Beliefs. These have a profound influence on how your birth unfolds and how you experience birth. Birthing From Love gives you knowledge and guides you discover your wisdom.
useful. practical.This is what guided me when I was developing this program ::
- It has to be loving
- It has to be valuable
- It has to be practical
- It has to be meaningful
- It has to be inspirational
- It has to combine theory and practice
- It has to move you from A (fear) to B (love)
You can use it by yourself, with your birth partner, or with a group of like-minded mamas. Birthing From Love groups are springing up all over the place. Why not start your own?
what’s covered.You will learn
- The nature of fear
- The common fears & priorities for birthing women
- How to explore & identify your fears
- How fear affects you, your baby, & your birth process
- About the fear-love spectrum
- About myths of childbirth
- How fear & love impact the mind
- About the parts of the brain you need to know about for birth
- Learn how the mind tricks you into being fearful
- Learn how to work with your mind to release fears
- How the culture of birth creates fear & what to do about it
- How to work with your mind to support your body during your birthing process
- How to have a peaceful, positive, & powerful birth experience (no matter what happens).
- How your personal life experience creates fear & what to do about it
- How to process and release fear, anxiety, doubt, worry, or insecurity
- How to increase peace, love, trust, & confidence.
- A selection of my favorite resources to support you moving forward (including interviews of some amazing people in the birth world).
KNOW YOU WANT IT? The BFL Digital Program is being released on June 15, 2012. Just send me a note and I’ll make sure to let you know the instant it’s available.pay it forward.I’m all about helping the world to transform birth culture so that it supports women in feeling empowered, rather than traumatized. So $5.00 from every copy purchased goes toward Childbirth Connection to support the Listen to Mother’s Report.
In the Birthing From Love Digital Program , you’ll get my deep and detailed knowledge that comes from helping thousands of women. By now you’ll know if this program is for you. Trust your heart and intuition. They will guide to where you most need to be.
Questions, love? Make contact.
Love and Respect,
Scholarship Information: I know it can be hard trying to figure out all the things that you need to do in order to have the best birth experience possible.
This is the greatest time for women to give birth, we have amazing technology to support us (if we need it) and we have unlimited access to information (thank you internet!). This makes the birth process safer than ever before and also more complicated and overwhelming than ever before.
During my first pregnancy, I had lots of doubts and fears and I felt totally overwhelmed with the information that was out there.
You may have similar feelings.
By using the Birthing From Love philosophy and program, I was able to move past my fears and have remarkable birth experiences, but more importantly, I’ve been able to help other women do the same.
The women who are part of the Birthing From Love tribe are just like you. The community that we’ve created is precious and I know you’ll find some great connections in the program.
If you want to be part of the Birthing From Love tribe by joining the Digital Program I want you see you.
Now, I realize that finances are difficult for some people, especially when preparing to welcome a new little one into the world. So, once a month we offer a scholarship position.
Here’s how it works :: I want to know who you are and why it’s important to you to be part of the Birthing From Love Digital Program. Here’s the step-by-step process of applying for the scholarship.
- Tell me who you are and why it’s important to you to be part of the Birthing From Love Digital Program.
- Create a video and post it on YouTube or write a blog post and post it on a website (Facebook and Twitter count too).
- Head back here and post the link to your info in the comments section at the bottom of this page.